Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Correction: House Swap Letter

ORIGINAL


Dear Hamish1,

Thank you for your letter with all the details about your home and life. By now, I do not have any more questions, so I would like to introduce you to my world.
Arrival
The first and probably most important step after your arrival is, of course, getting to my flat. That should not be that difficult because both the airport and Graz itself are fairly small. After disembarking, take bus number 630 to “Graz Jakominiplatz”. Regarding the bus fare, you are probably best taking a day ticket, in case you want to explore Graz by tram and bus on your first day here. However, at “Graz Jakominiplatz” change to tram number 6 and go on until “Plüddemanngasse”. Alight the bus and walk approximately fifty meters uphill, then turn left into the courtyard of a big housing complex. You cannot miss it. My/Your house is the second on the left. Ring the bell of apartment three and one of my flatmates will let you in.
Flatmates
There are two of them and their names are Benjamin and Bianca. I asked them to give you your keys by the time you arrive and as I know them, they will surely help you through the first days.
Apartment
I assume my flatmates will tell you everything that is not self-explanatory. In case they do not, there are only two things worth mentioning. Firstly, the oven is not working properly, so I would recommend using the microwave if you want to heat something. Secondly, the washing machine is a bit temperamental. I would keep an eye on it when doing your laundry.
What to do in Graz
As you already know, the tram stop is near our apartment but also the bus stop is just across the street. Additionally, almost every attraction Graz has to offer is within walking distance. You can also borrow my bike, if you want to. The only thing I should warn you about is that police is very strict here when it comes to riding the bicycle without the lights on.
As you are into sports, I would recommend going up the “Schlossberg” on a sunny day or for a run along the river “Mur”. If the weather gets the better of you, though, you may want to have a look at “Schloss Eggenberg” in the North-West of Graz. I will leave a few brochures on my desk that may give you inspiration on leisure time activities.
Shops
You will soon discover that our apartment is surrounded by various supermarkets and drugstores. You will not have any problems concerning shopping facilities.

Other than that, it seems everything is said. Obviously, if there is anything else you need to know, just get in touch.

Linda
1 What I know about Hamish: He is an athletic, young Scot who loves to explore new places. Living in a cottage located in a remote Scottish village, Graz is a nice change of scene for him. Hamish looks forward to absorbing and analyzing the Austrian culture.


CORRECTION

Dear Hamish1,

Thank you for your letter with all the details about your home. By now, I think you've answered all my questions, so I would like to introduce you to my world.
Arrival
The first and probably most important step after your arrival is, of course, getting to my flat. That should not be too difficult because both the airport and Graz itself are fairly small.
After disembarking, take bus number 630 to Jakominiplatz. Regarding the bus fare, you are probably best buying a day ticket from the bus driver, in case you want to explore Graz by tram and bus on your first day here. However, at Jakominiplatz change to tram number 6 and go until “Plüddemanngasse”. Get off the bus and walk approximately fifty meters uphill, then walk towards the big housing complex that comes up on your left side. You cannot miss it. Once you enter the courtyard you will find my/your home is the second on the left. Ring the bell for apartment three and one of my flatmates will let you in.
Flatmates
There are two of them and their names are Benjamin and Bianca. I asked them to give you your keys when you arrive. I am sure that you will get on well with them.
Apartment
My flatmates will explain everything that is not self-explanatory. In case they do not, there is only one thing worth mentioning. The oven is not working properly, so I would recommend using the microwave if you want to heat something.
What to do in Graz
As you already know, the tram stop is near our apartment but there is also a bus stop just across the street. Additionally, almost every attraction Graz has to offer is within walking distance, or you can borrow my bike if you want to. The only thing I should warn you about is that police are very strict here when it comes to riding a bicycle at night without the lights on.
As you are into sports, I would recommend going up the “Schlossberg” on a sunny day or for a run along the river “Mur”. If the weather gets the better of you, though, you may want to have a look at “Eggenberg Palace” in the North-West of Graz. I will leave a few brochures on my desk to give you inspiration on leisure time activities.
You will soon discover that our apartment is surrounded by various supermarkets and drugstores, so you shouldn't have any problems concerning shopping facilities.

Other than that, it seems there is nothing left to say for me. Obviously, if there is anything else you need to know, just get in touch.

Linda
1 What I know about Hamish: He is an athletic, young Scot who loves to explore new places. Living in a cottage located in a remote Scottish village, Graz is a nice change of scene for him. Hamish looks forward to absorbing and analyzing the Austrian culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment