Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What good bloggers do

New semester, new challenges. One of them is, at least for me, the blogging.
In the last few days I tried to find out how I could raise my motivation when it comes to writing new posts. So I looked at various successful blogs of other students and realized that there are many ways to improve my own.

First of all, the choice of the topic seems to be very important. The right topic is one you are passionate about so that the readers get infected with the enthusiasm. It doesn't matter if it's a sad, funny, informative or maybe even crazy subject, as long as you are interested in it. And that's one of the biggest mistakes I've made. I've written about things that didn't sound bad to me, but I actually wasn't really captivated by them. Now I changed my way of picking issues to write about and my mind is exploding because it's filled with too many ideas. I look forward to making all of these ideas into hopefully good blog posts!

Another big point of blogging is that people want to read about people. They want to know what the bloggers opinion is, share their experiences and thoughts. Keyword: Authenticity. I always had the opinion that I can't write freely because the whole world is able to read my blog. That surely is true, but I write about interesting stuff and my opinion of it, not a diary.

 
That leads me to my next point. Be funny or be yourself if you are a jolly person and at least try to be funny if you are a grouch. No information is useful to readers that probably check out your blog in the middle of the night when there is nothing else to do, unless it is presented in a humorous way. Who doesn't like to have a laugh when learning something new?

There is one last thing I'd like to mention: I am terrible at organizing. I can barely manage to structure my thoughts, and spend hours in front of my computer, trying to create a logical structured text. Doesn't quite work yet, but I'm still trying.

Anyway, in the end you have to bring a bit of a writing talent with you because even the most beautiful layout, the funniest pictures and videos can't make a blog successful, as long as the texts are boring and/or confusing. I will do my best packing information, my style, humour as well as seriousness into concise, well-written texts.


No comments:

Post a Comment